[Lancaster] new lug

Wayne Ward info at wayneward.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 10:16:22 UTC 2014

Hi ken yes i remember you :)
maybe if we can get a few rounded up you could make a special visit
every now and then its always good to see you :)
i was using debian mainly studio64 for my recording but all the work and
that has stopped unfortunately by the look of things , ive tested a few
kxstudio, avlinux and eneded up on ubuntu studio
avlinux was a nice lean bit of kit that is based on debian
.ive ended up with

main home computer which is  jukebox and zoneminder server on ubuntu
(could be a debian box)
my main dell xps sputnik (ubuntu laptop) on ubuntu
and my music computer on ubuntu studio which im just tweaking to get rid
of xruns which the linuxmusicians forum are helping with me nicely!
and i have one raspberry pi running raspmbc with xbmc on the top

all running great

on the mobile side ive got android which have a few choice apps syncing
mainly trying to use my google space a few choice apps

with the lug if we can get a few people together we can get active again
in morecambe hopefully...
and talk linux and technology
Wayne

On 06/11/14 08:44, Ken Hough wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Long time no see!
>
> You might remember that I live near Kendal, so am not very keen to
> travel to either Lancaster or Morecambe. Of the two, Lancaser is
> probably easier for me.
>
> I am of course still interested in matters relating to Linux, and
> Debian has been my OS of choice for some years now. I prefer
> reliabilty rather than the latest bling and associated problems --
> (Yes Ubuntu, etc, I'm looking at you!)
>
> Living out in the sticks, I've got used to having to make do with
> "remote" contacts. ie not regular pub meets. But it's good to know
> that folks like you are keeping the LUG going.
>
> Regards
>
> Ken Hough
>
> On Wednesday 05 Nov 2014 17:10:59 Wayne Ward wrote:
>
> > Hi im looking at creating a new morecambe linux user group
>
> > if anybody is interested in a monthly meeting in morecambe
>
> > please let me know
>
> > either on here or my personal email address below
>

> > does anything happen with the lancaster lug anymore?...

Best Regards,
Wayne Ward
info at wayneward.co.uk
www.wayneward.co.uk