[Lincoln LUG] Raspberry Pi

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Tue Aug 14 20:59:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Terry Froy <tez+lincoln-lug at spilsby.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After an off-list chat with a regular attendee of the LUG meetings, I asked if anybody had previously brought along a Raspberry Pi for folks to have a play with.
>
> He said not so I am going to bring mine along tomorrow evening.

Nice one. To be honest, I have not been too interested in the
Raspberry Pi, until I watched Eben Upton on Triangulation:
http://twit.tv/show/triangulation/61 -- I am now considering
purchasing one, so it would be great to take a look at yours.

> Peripherals-wise, it needs a USB keyboard/mouse and a display - either HDMI, composite video or DVI-D (as I have a HDMI-->DVI-D adapter) if anyone wants to actually connect it up and use it but as I am travelling up from London, I can't really lug (ho ho!) a monitor with me on the train.

If I can untangle the spaghetti beneath my desk, I will gladly bring
along an old monitor, keyboard and mouse :)

> If anyone wants to see a particular distro running on it, I can load a few SD cards in advance but better be quick as I'm only taking requests until 9am tomorrow morning (mail me links!).

You've probably already got it, but I would love to see
http://www.raspbian.org/ in action.

Anyhow, looking forward to meeting you. Have a safe trip and see you tomorrow.

Cheers
 -- Philip