[Lincoln LUG] Lightweight linux for older hardware

Dave Briggs dave at kindofdigital.com
Sat Nov 10 13:37:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Philip Newborough <
corenominal at corenominal.org> wrote:

> I run #! on a T61 and it works just fine. I am not sure I can really
> spout the benefits though, at least not in an unbiased manner. I will
> say it is a fair bit different form Ubuntu and I think it should be
> best left as a suck-it-and-see exercise -- some people love it, some
> don't. If you decide to give it a try, I would love to know what you
> think.

Thanks :-)

Asked a few folk on Twitter too and the suggestions were for Lubuntu and
Mint (xfce version).

Will prob give both those, and #! a go and see which I prefer.

Must admit, in an unrelated aside, how excellent this machine is. Fine,
it's 5 years old, but in perfect nick and for £150 I really can't complain.
Sustainable IT FTW!

Dave