[Lincoln LUG] Hull LUG's February Meeting

Dave Harding dave at hulllug.org
Sat Feb 1 18:22:29 UTC 2014

Hi folks

Jon's in Chester at the moment, but before he left he booked a table at
Xanders on Newland Avenue for our meeting this Tuesday 04/02/14.

If you've never been before, Xanders doesn't have wifi, nor can you get
anything approaching a mobile signal inside, but what it loses in
tech-friendliness, it more than makes up for in good food.

We hope you can make it for your monthly fix of geek, tech and chat

Dave

PS  Those of you you follow me on Facebook and Twitter will know that I
took part in The YMCA Sleep Easy event, and can stop reading...EVERYONE
ELSE READ ON!!!

Each night, YMCAs up and down the country provide rooms for around 9000
young people who don't have anywhere else to sleep. But this is only part
of what they do.

Last night (31/01/14) I slept rough for the night (in the wind and rain) so
the YMCA can provide a whole range of support for children and young
people, helping them to build a future.

This isn't just a short-term 'sticking-plaster' solution, but is seeking
long term solutions to a problem many would rather not see

I, and everyone who has no choice but sleep rough EVERY
night would appreciate your digging deep and sponsoring me.

http://my.artezglobal.com/PersonalPage.aspx?registrationID=455315&langPref=en-CA

Attached is pic of myself and Hull LUG's Jackie Plage bedding down in our
cardboard and plastic palace