[Lincs] Guide to Groff [was: Reminder: IRC Meeting, Tuesday 8pm]

Peter Cooper peter at petercooper.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 21:55:31 BST 2004

On 12 Aug 2004, at 19:50, Keith Marshall wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 August 2004 9:28 am, Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk wrote:
>> Just had a look at the logs... glad to see everyone is taking an
>> interest in whats going on...ha ha.
>>
>> Anyway heres a quick question where can I pick up a "dummies guide"
>> type
>> book to groff?
>
> The manpages and info docs supplied with groff itself are pretty good.

I missed the original post, but thought I'd reply here.

When learning troff/groff (I tend to just use troff, although I've
moved onto TeX more now) I used the resources at [
http://www.kohala.com/start/troff/troff.html ]. I found Kernighan's
tutorial from 1978 to be the best way to get up to speed with the
basics, you can read this at [
http://www.kohala.com/start/troff/v7man/trofftut/trofftut.ps ]

Cheers,
Pete