[Lincs] index.php

Peter Cooper peter at petercooper.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 10:18:19 BST 2004

> i have no idea what that is.... oh now i feel stupid... does it rely
> on code inserted into the RSS feed? if so i dont think it would
> work... i believe the RSS code has to be raw data not dynamic coding.

No, but you'd simply fill in a form with your story and headline, hit
Publish, and it'd do the RSS, front page, and content page all for you
:-) See http://www.movabletype.org/  .. Most people use it for weblogs
and the sort.

> Sounds good to me... i like minimal effort for maximum results! (im
> only human) but at the moment i am quite happy to type the story and
> then type the headline and synopsis data into the RSS feed- it just
> seemed daft typing the same thing twice for the main page...
>
> maybe i could implement movable type thingies later (when i know what
> they are), for now just putting an aggrigator in the page should have
> the currently required effect!

Anyone who's okay with PHP would be able to implement that for you
pretty quickly. I'm a Perl developer, however, and PHP scares me.
Someone here must know PHP, after all.. the LUG's pages are using it
already :-)

Best of luck!
Pete