[Lincs] Re: The RL Event Poster...

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk
Tue Aug 17 14:30:10 BST 2004

In all honesty I wanted to keep the poster as simple as possible - I
tried to get the additional info on but it was have meant either
shrinking the size of the map (which I presume people want to keep) or
the size of the text (which needs to be large to create an impression -
esp on a A4 sized piece of paper - it also means the poster can be shunk
down to flyer size and still keep legible text).

I decided to concentrate on just the info that would be of persons not
already on the mailing list (after all most people who view this up in
the window of a shop etc are not going to be LLUG members). After all
there's already been an email to the group containing the additional
info. I just wanted something simple, easy to read with just enough info
to attract/inform those persons who would be interested in coming but at
the same time not be crowded or resemble a "shopping list".

I didn't think the info was unimportant - it's a simple fact of trying
to fit it in and the context of the poster. I can fit it onto the event
brochure if you want

I have to agree with Marc's brother on this one... I don't like the map
as it is... but

1. I don't have a better one
2. I'm lazy and haven't found one which someone else has downloaded.

But if someone does have a better/clearer map I'll replace the one we
have at present.

Grahame Mulliss