[Lincs] Unrealistic expectations? (Was: No-one there!)

Marc Mc Guinness marc at mcguinness.de
Wed Aug 18 14:41:30 BST 2004

hello,

Dave Pearson wrote the following on 18.08.2004 14:07:
> Expressing disappointment at the "membership" of a group when the first
> "official" meeting hasn't even taken place yet strikes me as a good way of

I'm disappointed of the list members because
- we had votes on days and times for our IRC meetings, but not more than
3 people attend.
- list members said they would attend to our meeting on Monday, but didn't.
- we ask a basic question like "what topic (networking? programming?
office software?) would you like to hear a talk about?" and only 2
people answer.

How shall we organise and plan the first official meeting, if nobody
tells us what they'd like to have for that meeting?

> Hopefully this feedback will be read in the spirit it was sent.

Thanks for your feedback! That's what we need.

Marc