[Lincs] Unrealistic expectations - Games under linux

Pete Hunt pete at ninjafriendly.com
Wed Aug 18 18:37:44 BST 2004

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk wrote:

> BTW. What games have people got running on their Lux boxes (Half Life,
> Quake 2?... I'm interested in older games as rather than cutting edge,
> my box is more blunt corners :-)

Yeah, I'm tempted to upgrade as well, but can't justify it just for
gaming.  Now if something went wrong....... hmmm.

Games I've had success with under Linux:

Anything using the Scumm engine - Monkey Island etc
Doom, Half-Life Blue Shift (most things that have come out of ID.)
Using Wine: C&C Red Alert & Tiberian Sun, Diablo 2, Thief & Thief 2,
also tried Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls but my machine laughed in my
face.  I don't like really "doubling up" just to play a game I know
would run faster in w32.

linuxquestions.org has a good gaming forum:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/forumdisplay.php?forumid=33

Pete