[Lincs] noob lurking around the edges

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 20 20:46:50 BST 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 12:52 am, you wrote:
> * M Barnes <m.t.barnes at ntlworld.com> [2004-08-19 14:52:49 +0100]:
> > I've asked a few questions and was holey ignored so as you say the
> > message that this group is giving out to potential new Linux users is
> > wrong and needs sorting out ASAP.
>
> That's a little on the strong side don't you think? Were you ignored; or
> could it be that nobody had an answer for your questions?

I didn't even *see* your questions -- perhaps you committed the cardinal sin
of posting in HTML, which I find so irritating that I have configured my mail
client to delete it unseen.

I am no expert, but I have been administering UNIX boxes for about fifteen
years now, so I'm not a novice either.  If I see questions on any mailing
list to which I subscribe, I will *always* answer, if I feel I have anything
to contribute.  If you post in plain text, which you *always* should on
mailing lists, and I am able to answer you questions, I definitely will not
ignore you -- if I don't answer, it's simply because I don't know.

Regards,
Keith.