[Lincs] noob lurking around the edges

Keith Marshall keith.d.marshall at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 23 20:26:02 BST 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 3:47 pm, Peter Cooper wrote:
> On 20 Aug 2004, at 20:49, Keith Marshall wrote:
> > I am no expert, but I have been administering UNIX boxes for about
> > fifteen
> > years now
>
> No offence, but if you've been administering UNIX boxes for fifteen
> years I'd really hope you /are/ an expert! ;-)

Depends how much breadth of expertise you expect.  My machines are dedicated
to a highly speciallised area of application -- process control for an oil
refinery.  Consequently, my expertise may be restricted in scope.  I know how
to keep every working in the real time process control environment, how to
manage user accounts, process scheduling, network connectivity and file
system backup strategies, but I have had little need to become expert in
general IT or web technologies.

Regards,
Keith.