[Lincs] [Fwd: EtherDrive]

MD barodato at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 21:14:24 GMT 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:51:39 +0000, Andy Davidson <andyd at fotoserve.com> wrote:

> It's funky, I met the Coraid people in Autumn.  It's a very interesting
> toy they have.

I talked to the chap at the Coraid stand at the Linux Expo in London a
few months back, and it is a really nice system they do. Unfortunately
it is rather expensive unless you're a largish company that needs
terabyte storage solutions.

Apparently they do a rather cool evaluation kit, which includes a
single blade board (or something :D )  and a power/shelf simulator
board, which you basically plug into your ethernet switch. The
downside is that the evaluation kit alone, WITHOUT a hard drive costs
about $500US. :S

Details can be found here: http://coraid.com/purchase.htm

(Incidentally, I did a double take when I saw where the Linux World
Expo 2005 was being held: http://www.coraid.com :D )

--
Thanks,
-Matt Dancer <barodato at gmail dot com>