[Lincs] Introduction

Richard Steele RickSteele at lycos.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 19:25:24 BST 2004

Hello,
I am a Linux dabler, - I am trying to transfer all my windows skills into the Open Source community.  I am employed a a Systems Development Officer in Local Government, I do a lot of work in evaluating and commisioning new software and hardware products, Including Linux.

I am currently running Mandrake 10.0 in a VMWare environment at home and are very impressed, so much so that I intend to remove my XP machine in favour of a Linux distro (either Mandrake 10 or the new Suse (Novells Version))

What are anyones experiences.  I also run a load of IIS webservers which I plan to swap out to Apache on Linux with Php.

Best wishes to the group and further interesting discussions.  (Bring on the website - try Mambo on Linux)

Richard