[Lincs] News Archive, and quiet LUG

EN Baker iain.baker1 at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 3 12:36:52 BST 2004

well to be honest, on a purely personal note (using receny
examples) i would rather everyon and there dog couldnt read
all our details, for instance, because we are all great
friendly people Chris felt he could entrust us with his ip
address... now i know it wouldnt take much for someone
malicious to sign up, but thats effort, and why should they
do that if they can just read public archives of messages
to get hold of information that could cause damage...

having said all this, i do feel Chris is smart enough to
have sufficient security that your average 12 year old
stumbling accross an ip address couldnt achieve anything
but you get my point!

as for future plans, i am easy (well to honest im easy in
most interpritations)... any one who has anything that
would be challenging and allow discussions and advancement
of knowledge is much encouraged in my book!

also anyone that wishes to submit an informative article
like marcs Knoppix cheat codes, or just recounting an
interesting linux experience please do send them to me or
marc, as we are looking at creating a magasine-esque
section written by everyone!

<lincs at mailman.lug.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [Lincs] News Archive, and quiet LUG
>
> Ben Francis wrote:
>
> > Nope, just quiet as far as I can tell! I used to read
the post
> > archives on the web in break times at work to keep up
with discussion
> > but I haven't done that for a while. Probably since I
had to type in a
> > password to read it.
>
> On that note, why do we display a public log of the IRC
channel but not
> of the mailing list? Surely it should be the other way
around!