[Lincs] Fscking Problems

Marc McGuinness marc at mcguinness.de
Sun Oct 24 09:24:07 BST 2004

Hello Matt,

MD wrote the following on 24.10.2004 01:26:
> The problem now is that the machine has become unresponsive, and has
> stayed that way for nearly 3 hours now. I can switch to different
> consoles, but I can't log into any that aren't already logged in (it
> just doesn't do anything after I put in my username & passwd) and I
> get a similar response when I try to SSH in. The machine is still
> responding to pings though.

I had this problem on my notebook. It always happend when my local
mailscanner had to deal with more than ~600 emails at once. The harddisk
just stopped, but processor, memory, keyboard and mouse still worked.

Sorry, but I don't have a proper solution for you. All I could do was
switching the machine off and on again.

Marc