[Lincs] Archive is private from now on!

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 21:11:46 BST 2004

Keith Marshall wrote:

> Sorry Marc. I have to agree with MJ here.

<snip>

>Allowing non-subscribers free access to the archive helps publicise the LUG,
>and may encourage some new members to join.  IMHO, those who refuse to join
>because the archive is public are being rather narrow minded -- there are
>better ways to deal with spam than simply cutting oneself off from the online
>community!

I agree. This is a public list and LUG mailing list archives on the web
can be a useful resource when they pop up in search results. I've solved
a lot of Linux related problems through LUG postings on lists I'm not
subscribed to.

There must be a better way of solving the spam problem here, if only
suggesting that people use a different address especially for mailing lists.

tola ^/.

--
Ben "tola" Francis            http://hippygeek.co.uk