[Lincs] Linux From Scratch

MD barodato at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 18:58:11 BST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:46:22 +0100, Ben Francis <lists at hippygeek.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris Lingard distributed Linux From Scratch CDs at the Real Life (TM)
> meeting. To Chris, or anyone else in the know, what do I do with it?

I suggest you read the LFS book at
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lfs/html/index.html or if like me you don't
have an always-on net connection :'( you can download it in
ridiculously highly compressed form:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lfs/lfs.html.tar.gz :)

> I'm prompted for a username and password upon booting from the CD but
> I'm not sure what to use. I don't think for a minute that I'll get LFS
> working in the full sense of the word, but I would like to have a play!

I reckon LFS is like having a baby: You have to read at least one book
which will tell you what can go wrong and get you so worried that you
wish you hadn't started the whole thing in the first place, but then
you remember how fun the process that started it all off was.

--
Thanks,
-Matt Dancer <barodato at gmail dot com>