[Lincs] ADSL etiquette

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 11:34:43 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 14:08, Peter Cooper wrote:
> Hi Chris,

> > Another strange thing is that if I use the ISPs smtp service
> > smtp.ukfsn.org, then mails to the list bounce.  But a direct
> > email works?
>
> Are you sure your 'From' address is still the same in your
> e-mail client when going through that SMTP server?

This might be the reason; the stockwith.co.uk is my domain
but has no pop or smtp servers.  I got the domain to host
my CD, and its just a load of pages and files on a fast server.
This is the same ISP as my broadband.

Checked my configuration, and tried again via smtp.ukfsn.org
and got
217.158.120.143 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <lincs at mailman.lug.org.uk>: Relay access
denied
Giving up on 217.158.120.143.

217.158.120.143 is smtp.ukfsn.org

So this one is direct from be at 80.46.84.225 :-)

Chris