[Lincs] Happy New Year and other stuff...

Marc McGuinness marc at mcguinness.de
Fri Jan 14 12:29:13 GMT 2005

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Sorry for being so quiet recently.

Grahame.Mulliss at ulh.nhs.uk wrote the following on 06.01.2005 17:52:
> First of all, Happy New Year to you all! Hope 2005 is good to you all.
>
> Secondly the mailing list has been pretty quiet recently and I notice
> the IRC hasn't been exactly packed either <tumbleweed passes by....>
> what's everyone been up to?

I've installed the latest Knoppix on my notebook. It's a really good way
to install a Debian GNU/Linux!

I'm trying to learn more about wardriving and wireless network security
at the moment. I'm bitting for Orinoco Gold PCMCIA cards with external
antennas on ebay. Has anyone of you made any good or bad experiences
with Orinoco Gold cards on Linux? First I was looking for Prism2 cards,
but as I couldn't find any with interfaces for external antennas I
decided to get an Orinoco Gold. I know there are many howtos on how to
build one yourself, but I just don't want to do that.

> When is out first meeting for 2005 planned and where?

AFAIK Iain was going to find a venue somewhere near Lincoln for the end
of February. We should start planning! I won't be in England at that
time, but will do my best to support you all.

Bye,

Marc