[Lincs] Wiki Defacement

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 12:29:54 BST 2005

Things like this --> http://lincs.lug.org.uk/wiki make me question my
usually optimistic view of the human race. The Commons Problem
(http://www.usabilityfirst.com/glossary/term_56.txl) is a serious issue
we have to face on the Internet. Never mind people sending too many
cattle to graze on a commons area, a piece of scum from the surface of
the gene pool just dropped a nuclear bomb on ours!

I will attempt to decontaminate the area as soon as I'm on an Internet
connection without a proxy which blocks the offending content and stops
me editing it! I think we've lost quite a lot of data.

Any suggestions to prevent this in the future? I'm generally against
password protecting public spaces.

Yours sincerely

Ben