[Lincs] multitude of sins

pete at ninjafriendly.com pete at ninjafriendly.com
Mon Sep 19 14:09:00 BST 2005

Quoting iain Baker <iain.dbaker at gmail.com>:

> Sin 1) Laptops
> i have sent a message before but like i said - i dont think mail man likes
> me so... does anyone know a good manufacturer of laptops? i am looking to
> get a decent spec, somewhat future proof laptop at a not
> <dubious_spelling>extorshionate</dubious_spelling> prices, and rather
> unsurprisingly want it to be linux compatible...

I like Thinkpads (currently on a T23) but I buy them second-hand.

> Sin 2) LLUG Distro
> what do you say?

How much of it are we going to build?  If we go down the "customized
version of
something else" (Debian?) route, we'll (provided we're careful) be able to an
use the base distro's patches.  Is it better to customize the look, feel and
probably the default package choice of an existing distro or are we more
ambitious than that?

Personally I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel.

> sin 3) Real Life Meetings
> we need one!
> anyone disagree?

yup, Lincoln get's my vote.