[Lincs] multitude of sins

iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:29:45 BST 2005

Peter Murray wrote :
>I don't think I'm techie enough to give a great deal of practical
>input on a LUG distro

You don't need to be techie.. in fact your lack of techie may be a
benefit... anything you have seen that you like in other distros tell
us, let us know whats wanted...

yes we need techie people to do the build but anyone and everyone can
and should put their 2 penneth in!

Richard williams wrote :
>Anyone got any thoughts/comments on the Gentoo distro - >complete newbie
>but believe in learning by finding out what goes on "under the >bonnet"

this months Linux Format not only has Gentoo on its cover disk but
also tells you how to go about the install (look in the 'cover disk'
section of the mag)

Dave Rice wrote :
>If you're looking for a volunteer to 'manage' the LLUG Distro, i'd
>like to put my hat into the ring :) and volunteer.

You are a star... speak to Grahame, and sort something out between you
- see where your strengths lie and see if you cant create a team to
make us proud

i'll repeat what i said earlier... know matter what your experience
you can have a positive input on the LLUG Distro, and future projects!
Even if all you have is something you'd like to see happen but dont
know how!

It's a true comunity effort, and i hope llug always will be, no-one
will criticise you for your lack of knowledge or experience, all ideas
are good ideas, and theres no stupid questions...