[Lincs] multitude of sins

Dave Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 18:05:39 BST 2005

Keith Marshall wrote:

>The greatest sin of all -- I wish you guys would desist from posting in HTML,
>and filling my mailbox with reams of barely comprehensible garbage!!!
>
>Regards,
>Keith.

Hi Keith,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but i'm genuinely intrigued  :)

Why not HTML emails?  I mean they're not that big, about 28kb for my
last (by accident) post here.

If it's a question of viruses, then linux is 99% immune, and my mail
client (thunderbird) blocks images by default to reduce spam. My mail
server (gmail) has 2.5Gb of storage so plenty of room there.  And all
these LLUG messages are archived on the web so you dont have to keep
them locally (html parts are available to read as a link off). Even the
oldest of hardware can run clients that can read HTML mail.

as i say, i'm just intrigued as to why, i actually have to turn HTML off
to post here, not a bind but a nuisance!  ;)

Kind Regards

Ricey