[Lincs] Web site and LLUG meetings

Marc McGuinness marc at mcguinness.de
Sat Dec 9 13:59:58 GMT 2006

Hello guys,

sorry for me being so quiet for many months. I was really busy and now
just catching up with my e-mails from August. From May onwards I'll find
more time for LLUG again.

I think LLUG had a really good come back in 2004. Unfortunately our
volunteers disappeared somehow. We had plenty of plans, but not much
happened. We started work on many of our ideas, e.g. Lincs LUG E-Zine or
the Lincs LUG distro.

Once we start again, we have to keep the ball rolling. There's no point
in setting up a new web site, if our community is almost dead.

I think Matt had a good idea, when he suggested to arrange small
meetings. Unfortunately I'm not able to find and access his post on
http://llug.ricey.co.uk/forum/

However, I disagree with concentrating on just one meeting place. We had
these problems before; people from Lincoln won't come to Boston for a
beer. First of all it's too far and second they'll have to drive and
can't have a drink anyway.

We need two or three locations and I'd suggest definitely one in Boston
and one in Lincoln, maybe another one in Grimsby. Goodbarns Yard in
Boston seems to be a good venue to me.

Any suggestions for a nice pub in Lincoln?

Bye for now,

Marc