[Lincs] Test Web Site

Dave Briggs briggs.dave at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:56:09 BST 2007

Have you installed akismet in WordPress? That usually sorts the spam
problem out.

phpBB2, though, is frankly beyond help on that score. Have you tried
bbPress and integrated it with Wordpress? Otherwise the Vanilla forum
- http://getvanilla.com/ - is quite good, or Simple Machines is
another option - http://www.simplemachines.org/.

HTH

Dave

On 6/14/07, David Rice <dave at ricey.co.uk> wrote:
> Ladies, Gents, et al,
>
> I have, temporarily, had to disable the test forum and may have to
> disable the main test site TFN.
>
> This is due to excessive spam in phpBB2 and Wordpress.
>
> I am currently looking into solutions and alternative methods of
> creating a good user friendly area where LLUG members can hang out.
>
> all suggestions greatly received :)
>
> cheers
>
> Dave

Dave Briggs