[Lincs] Chris Neal

Chris Neale lincs-lug at cdn.cx
Wed Mar 28 21:19:53 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 20:40, Chris Adams wrote:
> Just out of intrest how much do you know about Linux ??

I'll forgive the misspelling of my surname, since it appears I've well and
truly put my foot in it with Iain.

I have used Linux for several years, early Red Hat, Mandrake, Ubuntu; this
email comes from a SuSE/opensuse 10.2 system.

I have been using unix-type OSes since University 1996-99 - there it was a
little Solaris, pine for email, lynx for web access.

I have compiled kernels, mozilla, firefox and other software.

At work my workstation runs Linux, the server that uses a fetchmail cronjob to
pull pop3 email before allowing imap access runs FreeBSD.

I just make appalling first, second and third impressions ...

--

cdn

--

http://cdn.cx