[Lincs] website

David Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 23:22:03 BST 2007

Guys, Girls etc  ;)

I am having serious thoughts about changing the building blocks of the
test site.

I have recently had a good experience with Joomla and the components you
can mix with it.

It would allow us to have all the tools we need with a single login.
Allow for pre-built components and modules, plus it is fairly easy to
include 'home grown' elements.

The level of user privileges is more granular than wordpress allowing
different levels of admin rights for different members of the LUG so
there isn't a 'single point of failure'.

Could all members have a think and post what requirements they would
have on the site.

examples could be:

Blog
Forum
News
WiKi
Adverts
virtual desktop
or indeed anything else you can think of...

take a look at other LUG sites and see what they have - this is a great
opportunity to get the best LUG site in the country, as we are
essentially starting from scratch - so let's get it right :)

Focus the mind as it were ;)

cheers