[Lincs] Fwd: [lugmaster] FW: [[SFD-discuss] Software Freedom Day 2008!]

Darrel Towndrow Darrel.Towndrow at infotechdirect.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 21:58:24 BST 2008

Hi all

Sorry to jump in like this, but I signed up to the mailing list a few weeks ago, and it's been a bit quiet until now.

I live in Nottinghamshire, although my connection to Lincolnshire is that my company provides IT support to a number of schools, mainly in the Grantham area.

I'm only starting to dabble with Linux at the moment; we're putting together a Moodle VLE on an Ubuntu box, and we've been using Thinstation as the thin client for a Windows Terminal Services (sorry) environment.  We're also considering providing old PCs and laptops running Linux to children who don't have access to PCs at home.

Do you have regular meetings?  Do any of you work in, or have links to the compulsory education sector?

Regards

Darrel