[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 22:40:56 UTC 2011

On 17 August 2011 22:24, Rebecca Newborough <bobobex at bobobex.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Chris Hayes <cbhworld at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If your meet is in Lincoln (or close) I'll post it over in the Newark
>> LUG mailing list; we're not terribly far away.
>>
>> Likewise, if any of you guys want to join our monthly meets please
>> feel free to :)
>>
>> Best of luck.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Chris Hayes
>
> Hi Chris
>
> Thank you for contacting us and showing your support.  I have been
> quite envious of the active way that Newark LUG is run, including your
> regular monthly meet-ups.  Philip and I really need to get across soon
> - it will be nice seeing you again, since we last met at Lug Radio
> live 2009 in Wolverhampton.
>
> Becky

anything exciting -- like this.

It certainly would be nice to meet up, although I must warn, despite
Newark LUG still being what I consider to be my home LUG, I'm mostly
found in Portsmouth these days. I try schedule visits "home" so that
I'm able to attend at least some of the LUG meets, though :)

On the topic of inter-LUG relations; I'd always hoped that the LUGs in
this area (Notts, Newark, Mansfield and Lincs) would be able to find
some way of working together that would provide a richer community
experience. I'm not quite sure how, but it's certainly worth bearing
in mind if anyone has any large LUG-related plan or event that they've
conceived.

More pragmatically, I had an idea a while ago that each LUG might want
to publish an iCal of it's own events; that way closely neighbouring
LUGs could aggregate those feeds into their own upcoming events,
publishing them on their website. Does anyone think it'd be a useful
thing?

Tangents aside, I'm glad that things seem to be going well for Lincs LUG.

Kind regards,
Chris Hayes