[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Ed epvipas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:59:54 UTC 2011

I've been following the recent conversations with interest and up until now
I've only really been reading the messages and not actively taking part. I
do think that the time has come that we should really make use of any
enthusiasm that is on offer and Becky would appear to have plenty of that. I
do appreciate the good work that has been done in the past but an active
group run by enthusiasts is probably better than a group run by people with
experience of LUGs or a great deal of technical knowledge but no time to run
the group.

I personally think that Lincolnshire is too Large a territory for face to
face meetings to happen on a regular basis and we would be better off either
splitting the region into smaller clusters for groups and possibly having
larger groups on a less frequent basis involving the whole of the region.

The other option would be to set up smaller local groups in addition to the
main county-wide LUG. I personally live in Lincoln but finish work quite
late so would struggle to travel anywhere other than Lincoln.

Ed