[linuxjobs] Engineer Required

Richard Maynard / Wessex Networks rjm at wessexnetworks.com
Thu Aug 9 16:50:54 UTC 2007

Afternoon!

My company is fairly urgently looking to recruit an engineer to work on
hosting / internet systems and IT support for the SME market!  I'd really
appreciate it if you could pass on the information below if you know of
anybody suitable! We're not looking for an uber-geek but you need to know
your stuff (both Linux and MS *ducks to avoid flying debris*), or know some
stuff and be bloody good at learning quickly!

Thanks in advance - the official job description follows this message.

Richard.

Wessex Networks
Linchmere Place
Ifield
Crawley
West Sussex
RH11 0EX
www.wessexnetworks.com rjm at wessexnetworks.com
T: 01293 542080 F: 01293 553849

<< STARTS >>

Wessex Networks is looking to urgently recruit a motivated and enthusiastic
individual to join a tight-knit team at our Crawley offices.  As a company,
we offer many different services, which will provide an exciting and varied
job in a fun working environment.

We are looking for someone to support our following business areas (in order
of priority):

* Computer, Network and general IT services to SMEs
* Business-class hosting solutions
* Internet Connectivity and network solutions

The IT support role in this position will require a good understanding of
installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows based networks with all its
associated technologies and co-requisites (e.g. AD, Exchange, SQL, IIS).

Our (predominantly Linux) hosting infrastructure will also require your
support.  You will need to feel comfortable with an SSH terminal, DNS,
domain name bureaucracy, Apache, Mail Server administration, as well as
general system administration and troubleshooting not to mention a sound
understanding of how email works.

You will be required to deal with customers on a day to day basis, and as
such you must be comfortable talking to clients on the phone as well as on
site, in meetings and via email. You must be organised, with good written
skills for writing proposals / quotes and other written communication.  We
are a small business – no day is likely to be the same (this is a good
thing!), and you will often be required to “muck in” wherever you can.  We
really need a “can do” attitude – a candidate with focus – and somebody that
can grab an job / issue by the scruff off the neck and get it sorted out.

Other Requirements
==================

Driving License

Remuneration
==================

Up to £25,000 pa.  28 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays).

Application

Please send your CV urgently to info at wessexnetworks.com with any information
you feel may be of benefit to your application.  Should you be successful,
you will be invited to interview (not scary!) where we will further discuss
your application and experience, and we may ask you to perform a
psychometric test.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew and Richard
Partners