[linuxjobs] Video Game Developer (Linux/C/C++/OpenGL) - permanent position in London, SW18
tleather at feralinteractive.com
Thu Feb 5 17:51:49 UTC 2015
Feral Interactive is a leading games publisher and developer that specialises in bringing the best AAA games to the Mac.
We are currently expanding our portfolio to include Linux and we are looking for graduate developers familiar with Linux to assist with this process. We released our first two Linux games last year (XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Empire: Total War)!
This is a great opportunity for a new graduate to break into the games industry. Previous professional experience is not necessary, but you should be comfortable working in C/C++ and be very familiar using, and preferably developing for, Linux.
If you are due to graduate this year, feel free to apply at any point during your final year: the start date is flexible, so you can line up a graduate position before you become too busy with your finals!
We're also looking for more experienced developers (both for Linux and Mac) so feel free to get in contact even if you're not sure this advert fits your experience.
What experience should you have?
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Familiarity with Linux, preferably including development for Linux
What else would help?
- A good degree in a technical discipline
- Games development experience
- Experience of 3D graphics using OpenGL and/or DirectX
- A passion for video games
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of bringing AAA games to Linux and SteamOS
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings
How do I apply?
To apply, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to:
recruiting at feralinteractive.com
You should address your application to Ian Bullock, our Head of Technology.
More information about the linuxjobs