[linuxjobs] Platform Engineer

Andreas Theodoulou andreas.theodoulou at ticketmaster.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 15:18:23 UTC 2017

Platform Engineer – Data and Services (London, UK)
The JOB
Are you a developer that is operations aware or a Linux system engineer that can write code?  If this is you then we’d love to hear from you.
What are we doing?  Ticketmaster is the #1 ticketing company in the world, selling millions of tickets through its systems which are developed by geographically distributed development teams, each supported by a systems engineering team.
The Platform team is newly formed and in its infancy.  We see ourselves as a team engaged with multiple engineering teams to address common needs and challenges that impact their productivity.
We are looking for engineers with a good mix of development and operational skills.  You will work closely with engineering, operations, architecture and product to engineer solutions that add business value by promoting and providing self-service tools and services.
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology, we’re especially interested in K8s.
To apply, you will have deep technical knowledge in some of these areas and a keen interest in others.
REQUIRMENTS – SKILLS & EXPERIENCE

  *   Master in all things Kubernetes!
  *   Flexible in container technology – you know the difference between Docker and Rocket
  *   You are Zen when you write code.  A black belt in one or more of the following languages – Python, Java or GO.
  *   Scaled a distributed messaging / streaming system – we’d like to use Apache Kafka
  *   Familiar with development workflows – Git, GitLab CI, Jenkins
  *   You have worked with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform

It’s the perfect time for you to join the team and be part of the decision-making process which will feed in to the team mission and roadmap.