[linuxjobs] Helpdesk Operator roles at Sirius

Alexander Howells alex at howells.me
Sat Apr 8 10:47:13 UTC 2023

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 5:40 AM Roy Schestowitz via linuxjobs <
linuxjobs at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Word of caution strongly required here. There are many victims already.
>
> The short story is, Sirius stole money from its own staff.
> http://techrights.org/wiki/Crimes_of_Sirius_Open_Source
> I was there for nearly 12 years, I know what they did.
> http://techrights.org/wiki/Sirius_Open_Source

IMO, this is trending to be off topic for this mailing list unless you can
point to judgements in a court of law which back up these claims? Both
links look to fall short of that, an attempt to prosecute this in the court
of public opinion (or in this case, on linuxjobs) instead of the court of
law. Indeed, on the site you claim you considered taking legal action, but
did not:

*"We already consider suing the company, which is effectively in hiding,
but if it files for bankruptcy in the process, then only the lawyers will
win. If we pass this on to other former staff, which is impacted and may
help organise class action, it’s the same problem. The company Sirius
already operates through several tiny shells in several countries. It’s
most likely about evading liabilities (business and personal)."*

I see claims that Sirius "broke the law" and that "this scandal is an
actual crime" and I truly hope you can support these assertions, and I'd
recommend you seek professional advice from a solicitor since you appear to
be UK-based and there's a fair likelihood Sirius will view this as
libelous, and could seek substantial damages [1] from you for the damage
this does to their company and brand.

[1]
https://www.carruthers-law.co.uk/our-services/defamation/damages-awards-in-defamation-claims/