[Liverpool] Introductions are in order

David Watson david at planetwatson.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 22:43:41 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 22:24 +0000, Dale Stephens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Might as well join in now.  I'm Dale from Birkenhead, currently between
> jobs, and on the wrong side of 39.  I've worked mostly in retail,
> general admin, and call-centres.  Don't have a username, but you can
> call me lurker.

Welcome to the list Dale.

> I've been interested in computers for a few years now, and Linux for a
> year.  My current computer is a homebuild, Athlon-XP 3000, 512MB, 120GB
> + 80GB hard disks.

Hmm, that reminds me I need to fix my own computer ( currently using my
laptop ), it had an Athlon 2000, and was my second Athlon to break.  But
replacing it with a P4 is a little expensive to do just before xmas.

>   It's dual-booted with Suse Linux 9.1 and Slackware
> 10.0; the reason for the extra HD capacity is to hold several VMWare
> images (currently Windows 2000 Pro and Suse 9.1, though I will be adding
> others in the near future).  I'm taking a part-time C&G Diploma in
> Networking course at the LCC, and hope to be able to sit the CompTIA A+
> and Net+ exams in/by mid 2005.  I'm also looking at the LPI level 1
> certificate and MSCE or MSCDT; but would be reluctant to do the MS*
> without some work experience.
>
> I'm afraid I don't have much time for hobbies at the moment, though.
> Had a long-standing interest in SF, and in military/naval history; they
> may revive later.

What kind of SF do you like, I'm a fan myself.  I read a lot of Hard SF,
and also read a lot of new SF, so basically I'll read pretty much any.

--
David Watson
david at planetwatson.co.uk
GnuPG key available from http://www.planetwatson.co.uk
Fingerprint: 5FDB B1BE 9B31 D3A8 2981  7285 0DE8 799E A7D6 AE79

"Code is for life, use python"