[Liverpool] meetings [was Fwd: [SC.LUG] Meetings]

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 21:26:59 GMT 2005

Hi Richard,

> Thanks to Dave and Aiden for last night's meeting :-)

It was rather spiffing :-)

> And it was nice to meet all of you, even those who
> don't use Debian ;^P

Which is most of us. Euw! Someone has used the D word on a top posted
email... ;-)

> I'm waiting to hear back from FACT about meetings between
> those at Blue Fountain. What was the third possibility mentioned
> last night?

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean the objectives? If you do,
the third is my pet project. In a nutshell, for the past year, I've been
sending Linux distros around the world for free (to the end user). This
is mainly because broadband is not wide spread in outer wuggawugga land
and getting cover mounted mags across the water is difficult. Now this
has cost quite a few quid (inside the UK, I have a separate
arrangement). What I wanted to discuss was to see if BlueFountain would
help foot the bill (in part at least) of this. We got side tracked and,
well, you know the rest!

> Some people last night asked for details of the Cheshire LUG.

Thanks

TTFN

Paul
--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein