[Liverpool] Notes from the meeting

David Watson david at planetwatson.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 22:52:14 BST 2005

Hey everyone,

In an example of blistering efficiently, here are the notes from
tonights meeting.

Extra social meeting:

Ideally what we need here is for a permanent place to hold a social
meeting, a pub that is generally central for everyone would be ideal.

If anyone has suggestions for somewhere, be sure to post them here.

Future LUG activities:

Neil suggested the possibility of debates for the future, it was
generally suggested that Vi Vs Emacs would be best avoided.

Any suggestions for match ups, again post them here.

Today was the first impromptu of software advocacy, I showed one of my
favourite applications (Tomboy), including what happens when Tomboy
crashes.

If you have an application you think people may not be aware of, please
let me know.  If you need a computer to show the application on I will
generally have my laptop with me.  I would of course need to know
beforehand so I can install it.

Infopoint:

Neil has been in contact with the company that runs the local computer
fairs, regarding us having a table at the fairs to promote Free
Software.  We will have an update soon, what we need is a few volunteers
to man the table, probably about once a month.

Cheshire LUG:

Richard mentioned that the next Cheshire LUG meeting on the 27th will
include a presentation about Linux on limited resources.  Richard, can
you post some more details, such as directions and start time.

That just about covers the meeting (apart from the Debian bashing).

--
David Watson <david at planetwatson.co.uk>
http://planetwatson.co.uk/blog