[Liverpool] Hardware

James Lang beag at xkewl.com
Tue Nov 22 22:39:56 GMT 2005

Heya, Thanks for a good evening, sorry we had to leave early, for some reason
my friend brought his girlfriend and then didnt want to be there too long for
her, but I had a good time and will hopefully be there in January as I wont be
able to in Decemeber.

I have a bit of a question. At Christmas I intend to upgrade my Tower PC as it
wouldnt compile stuff on Gentoo and it failed a stress test. I have had a look
at a few components, could you give me your opinion on them and say if you
think there are any problems.

Thanks
James:

> Processor: http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=19454 - AMD Sempron
3000 [1.8GHZ,754]R 64
> RAM: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeIL_Golden_Dragon.html - GeIL
512MB PC3200 UltraX CAS2 (GLX5123200UP) (MY-044-GL)  (the single 512MB stick)
> PSU: http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18892 -
Enermax Liberty Series Power Supply Retail Boxed - ELT400AWT (400 Watt)
> Motherboard: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/EPOX_Socket_754.html -
Epox EP-8KDA3+ nForce3 250GB (Socket 754) Motherboard (MB-032-EP) - (The one
that is £59:95)