[Liverpool] Wireless cards withoout ndiswrapper

tony burrows tony at tonyburrows.uklinux.net
Mon Nov 28 01:27:54 GMT 2005

Just in case anyone is struggling with wireless cards.

I've just been installing Suse 10 on the laptop, ready to use
ndiswrapper with my cheap Asus card.  This has a Ralink Rt2500 chip in
it, and I had problems with it using the open source driver under Suse
9.3, after finding it, downloading, compiling and installing, so I
thought I'd give ndiswrapper a try.

No need!  Suse picked up the card and installed the appropriate driver
straight away.  I've been testing it for several hours with no glitches.

Tony