[Liverpool] sata 11 drives

John Bywater johnbywr at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 21:26:41 BST 2006

Hi everybody
I have a problem using sata 2 drives, with a Asus A8N-E motherboard.
Sata 1 work well and there is no problem, until I put in sata 2 drives.
Then the system  just locks up.
I understand that there is a problem with sata 2 drives, and nvidia 3/4
chipsets. Although the problem is all directed at Windows.
I can load Suse 10.1 onto the drives, but on the reboot, the drives just
lock up.
I have sent an e-mail to Maxtor, asking for help, but the firmware they
have sent does not solve the problem.
Has anybody come across a similar problem, and if so, how did you
overcome the problem?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
John Bywater