[Liverpool] Ubuntu and libdvdcss - in fact any distro!

tony burrows tony at tonyburrows.uklinux.net
Fri Jun 30 14:16:28 BST 2006

Thanks Paul, but it gets worse!

I did what you suggested and no joy.  So I installed Ubuntu on my
desktop machine and did it there.  Everything worked.
Reformatted the hd on my laptop.  Reinstalled Ubuntu.  Made sure I had
exactly the same packages as on the desktop.  Followed exactly the same
routine as I did for the desktop.  Nothing!
Totem reports the disk is encrypted and I need libdvdcss, Kaffeine and
Xine-ui both report that the disk can't be read or there is no dvd in
the drive.  I don't _need_ to be able to play DVDs on the laptop, but
this is driving me nuts.  Incidentally, all three play my unencrypted
Mash DVDs with no problems.

Any ideas?

Tony