[Liverpool] Novell and Microsoft (you know we had to)

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Wed Nov 15 22:43:47 GMT 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:33:37 +0000, tony burrows wrote:

> Personally I think they may have a point.  MS can see Linux as a threat
> in the future and look as if they want to bring it 'into the fold' as
> far as possible to keep users as people who have to put up with what
> they are given.

There's also a benefit for SUSE. When Microsoft start throwing around the
FUD about patents and how users of Open Source could get sued, SUSE can
wave their "we won't sue you" letter from Microsoft before signing a
company up for a thousand copies of SLED.

> But then, I've always been a cynic.

We only have your word for that :)

--
Neil Bothwick

If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. *
Maslow