[Liverpool] Darwin Streaming Server and SuSe computer unexplained extinction

Martin Flanagan cornbeefbutties at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:48:15 BST 2007

Hi,

I've only just come across this site recently, so if I'm stepping on toes or
doing something just shout.

Did you make any changes in your system's BIOS?  If you did you could try
taking out the CMOS battery for twenty minutes to reset the changes.  If you
built your computer you must have some good computer knowledge, so you may
have already tried that.
Sometimes the RAM can slightly creep out the socket making a system play
dead, you could try turning the computer off and pushing the RAM down (you
won't feel it move, I think the effect is called 'thermal creep, but I've
fixed over ten computers by doing this).
If you have more than one stick of RAM in your computer, one of them may
have gone down, so take it in turns to take them out.
One of your components may have died, pulling all your system down.  Turn
your computer off and disconnect all items connected to it apart from the
RAM, CPU and FAN and obviously Power Supply.  Add back each of your
components, starting with your Graphics card, then another item like the
Hard drive (Turn off your computer before connecting or disconnecting
anything).  Keeping adding your other components in this manner, if you hit
a faulty item then your system will become dead again until you take it out.
If your CD drive is working, can you get a liveCD linux and boot to that.

Hopefully you've already fixed it.

Got to go, there locking up at work.

Bye,

Martin.