[Liverpool] Mac OS X.3 - HELP!!!!

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 18:24:58 GMT 2007

Hi,

I need some help here and a very nice person. I know we're up to both
challenges!

I have an iMac, it was a nice machine, a cuddly machine and a working
machine. Then disaster hit with the power of thud and the HDD snuffed
it.

I've installed a new drive, partitioned it correctly and it's happy.
Except the OSX.3 CD1 isn't happy. It's very unhappy due to a slime mold
which has chomped part of the surface. I have a DVD with a backup of the
three originals on as .dmg files, but can't burn them on my Linux box

Does any kind person on this list have an iMac which runs OS X.3 for
which they'll do me a copy of CD 1? I'll more than happily pay for the
costs involved in the form of beer or stuff or something like that.

If you can, please let me know off list. I can then smile and develop
some wonderful cross platform stuff (I used it for testing mono code on
to ensure Mac, Linux and Win32 users can benefit from the goodness the
software imparts).

TTFN

Paul