[Liverpool] Linutop!

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Mon Mar 19 10:01:23 GMT 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:22:43 +0000, Vladimir Jakubovskij wrote:

> > Vladimir: I may well mail the developers. I currently use a MiniITX
> > box running Gentoo from a CF card, but this looks like it could be a
> > really neat alternative.

> Neil, can you tell me more about this MiniITX box (a web address?)?
> As Gentoo user, i'm very curious =)
> Though, my thoughts about Linutop are - to make it a Gentoo box =))

It's a small-format motherboard designed by VIA. See
http://www.mini-itx.com/ and http://www.linitx.com. It has TV out and hardware MPEG decoding, making it good for small server or HTPC applications. LinITX also sell an adaptor to connect a CF card to a standard IDE port, creating a small, silent hard drive.

It's possible to fit a base OS with X and MythTV on a 256MB CF card (I
have a 512MB card in mine but it's less than half full).

--
Neil Bothwick

IBM: Itty Bitty Mentality