[Liverpool] broadband search

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Fri Nov 2 14:08:44 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:46:21 +0000, Vladimir wrote:

> Moved house recently and found out that my new place in Anfield is not
> covered by Virgin Media.
> So now I have this dilemma - which broadband to choose.
> I wanted a cable broadband, but it seems Virgin is the only cable ISP in
> this country.
> I do not even want to go anywhere near USB connections,
> all I want is just a simple Ethernet connection to the router (I have a
> wireless router,
> connecting a MacBook and 2 Linux desktops together).
> Is there a ISP for my needs out there?

There are dozens of ISPs providing ADSL over BT phone lines, Eclipse
Internet (http://www.eclipse.net.uk/) are a good one. They supply a USB
modem as standard, but any ethernet ADSL modem will do. You can pick up a
good one for about £20 from http://www.ebuyer.com.

--
Neil Bothwick

Eat shit - 50 million flies can't be wrong