[Liverpool] Re: workshops

phil hargreaves phil at whi-music.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 22:56:42 BST 2008

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: workshops at FACT? (heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk)
>

> We'll hopefully be doing at least two workshops a month that will take
advantage of more skill sets and get more people involved -
for example I think we'll be running Drupal and Arduino workshops,
openframeworks, and probably some proprietary workshops (sorry!) -
but the reason I approached the LLUG about a monthly slot is to cover
strictly
FLOSS, and cultivate an audience of people who are interested in learning a
full set of FLOSS applications specifically (rather than just geeky
applications, some which happen to be FLOSS).
The idea is we'll have workshops that are general geekery,
then specifically LLUG for specifically FLOSS stuff...

i moderate a site that runs on Drupal, so i'd be very interested in
learning a bit about it. at the moment, someone else does the hardkore
work, but you never know when you need this stuff. knowledge is power,
all that kind of thing.

phil hargreaves

--
http://www.whi-music.co.uk
PO Box 153/South Eastern/Liverpool L15 9JF