[Liverpool] are you real ?

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:47:50 UTC 2008

I love Jaiku but it seems it's really not that common compared to Twitter, I
realised this at the Barcamp this weekend when everyone was swapping Twitter
IDs and nobody I asked was on Jaiku, blank looks all round. What we do with
the podcast is have an account of the same name (linuxoutlaws) on as many
services as possible and then update them all in one go using something like
Ping.Fm to avoid hassle. Would this be a good idea? Have a livlug account on
Twitter, Jaiku, Identi.ca etc that people can subscribe to, it might be
casting our net a bit wider. I'm not sure why some people find mailing lists
a problem but it seems outside of the Linux geeks I know people would much
prefer something like Twitter to a mailing list. Just thought I'd throw out
the idea, it's up to you of course.

I spoke to a few people at Barcamp who use Linux and live near Liverpool but
didn't know about the LUG at all, so I tried to convince them to come down
and they seemed keen. I guess we'll find out how many actually turn up at
the next meeting but we'll have to try and be there this time, that might
help :D