[Liverpool] What Linux Flavour do you use?

Omar Baqueiro obaqueiro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:38:04 GMT 2008

So, just to make some noise now that this seems getting alive.  Just
out of curiosity I would like to make a small survey:

What Linux Flavour (distribution) do you use/prefer. If you use
several, which one is the one you like most?

I'll start with myself:

I use Ubuntu 7.10 in my laptop. Kubuntu 7.10 in my "university" laptop
and Fedora 6 in my university workstation. Personally I prefer Ubuntu
(with Gnome) because it seems to have (IMO) good hardware
compatibility and forums. Kubuntu seems a bit incomplete for me
because (it seems as if they just put some KDE apps on top of Ubuntu
but it is not really QA tested).

BTW, for the people new to Ubuntu, anytime you look for a program, try
to look for it *first* in "Synaptic". It is so really very easy to
install software (provided that you have an internet connection). I
say this because, being familiar with Windows, I sometimes lost a lot
of time looking for the ".deb" or ".rpm" (the installers for Linux,
more or less equivalent of Win .MSI) of a program just to find a lot
of trouble (dependencies mostly). If the program is in Synaptic,
installing it is as easy as selecting and clicking a button.

Regards,

Omar.

--
Omar Baqueiro Espinosa