[Liverpool] Distro's

Garry garry-heskimo at heskimo.com
Tue Feb 26 23:17:01 GMT 2008

I am still playing :)
so..
on my servers I have Strongbolt (centos 4)
this machine is running pclinuxOS 06 vintage :) (it just keeps on working!!)
just tried Linspire (like being cuddled to death by AOL) lol lol!
I have DreamLinux on my laptop :) (and I am very pleasantly surprised by
how good it is)
running pclinuxOS on my machine at work :) again.. it hust works and is my
distro of choice to install on new converts machines :)
used Ubuntu for a while but the font consistancy drove me mad (I have VERY
poor eyesight and have to use large fonts it is no joy when most of the
text is nice and big.. and the menu or similar are tiny!!)
tried Vector but for an "easy" distro their installation routine needs work..
(I could never get GRUB to install using their scripts? probably just me)
but yes.. I am still looking except for my RAQ servers!
I am well pleased with centos on them actually amazed would be a better
description :)
Garry